Shannon Heers, LPC, LMHC, CAS, ACS
In this episode, Shannon Heers, LPC, LMHC, CAS, ACS shares about being a supervisor, setting expectations and her new project Firelight Supervision.
Overview of episode
Helping supervisees be prepared for session.
What to do when the supervisor hits a plateau?
Burnout for Clinicians
Takeaways for today!
What can you apply today right after the episode.
Create a framework for supervision at the beginning of the supervision relationship.
Think today about what you really need to know about the clients or the supervisee in the session.
Here are some things you might want to think about including:
Name of client
Age of client
Demographics/Culture of Client
Other questions you might think about adding to your repertoire:
1. Asking them "What is your question about this client?"
2. What is coming up for you when you think about your time with that client?
Tips for new supervisors
Take stock today of your supervision journey.
1. List all your supervisors,
2. What were their credentials?
3. What is your memory of those experiences?
4. What are the things you want bring to your work as a supervisor?
5. What are the things you don't want to bring into your work as a supervisor?
6. What are the gap areas of what you need to know?
7. Would it be beneficial to get some supervision of your supervision to make sure you are doing it right?
Interested in getting some supervision for your self? Check out Firelight Supervision's individual and group supervision programs.